Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kyle's First Razor

Saturday morning, I was researching the best way to teach a child how to ride a bike. One of the most prominant pieces of advice was having him use a Razor scooter so that he could get the feel of balancing on two wheels. I thought it was a great idea. So, we decided that we would pick one up when we were all at the mall later that afternoon. We were planning to get him one anyway, so this just sped up the purchase. When we returned home, Tracey put it together and Kyle took it for a spin. They started outside, but came in and used it in the basement because it was a little too cold. She said he was starting to get the hang of it, but needed more practice. Today, we played outside for several hours and he improved quickly. He loves it and he is already getting the feel for balancing on two wheels. In fact, I took the training wheels off his bike and he rode it down the grass slope a few times before he wanted to get back on the scooter. I think that he will be riding the two-wheeler before we know it. See below for the photos of Kyle on the scooter. Plus, you will see that Clara was enjoying her stroller as well!



1 comment:

oberon said...

Kyle,
Your Uncle Cam has a razer too. We'll have to race soon.
Love
Uncle
Cameron