Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wellness Update

Here is a quick wellness update on our family. Kyle started out the week with a pretty nasty cold and all of its usual symptoms. He seems to be getting better, slowly but surely - thank goodness. Craig sounded pretty horrible too, but also seems to be doing better now. I think it may have something to do with all of his workouts, lack of sleep, etc.! Clara and I have both been healthy until today. She woke up with a a fever of 101 degrees. Fortunately, Craig was able to stay home with her and give her lots of TLC. Her fever came down after some motrin, but went back up to 103.3 by late afternoon. I think she may be getting another ear infection. We have a doctor appointment scheduled for tomorrow. She was also exposed to strep throat this week at daycare, so we shall see.

The original reason for Clara's doctor appointment tomorrow is for her three month weight check. Clara is not on the weight or height charts anymore, so her pediatrician has us come in every three months to make sure she is progressing. So far, she seems to be following in Kyle's footsteps with her growth. Our pediatrician also ordered some bloodwork to be done on Clara (just like we did for Kyle early on) and that came back normal. On a positive note, Clara is already bigger than Kyle was at two years of age, and her two year birthday is not until June. Kyle was only 19 pounds at two, and Clara is already 20 pounds, so that is a good sign. We'll find out tomorrow where she stands, officially.

Craig just got home from the YMCA, so I will sign off for now. I will encourage him to give some updates on our vole situation. He is determined to "get them" and it is quite amusing! :)

No comments: