This past week was so busy, I didn't have much time to update our blog. So, this entry will serve as a "week in review."
Monday
Last Monday, Clara and I started a Kindermusik Our Time class! If you are not familiar with Kindermusik, here is a description of the program:
Our Time encourages your child to uncover an engaging musical world while building confidence, self-control and communications skills. Singing, imitating sounds, rhyming and object identification foster language skills, while creative movement to various musical “moods” develops a sense of balance, timing and spatial awareness. Listening and turn-taking encourage blossoming social skills.
Our Time reflects the emotional foundations of school readiness and the latest research on music and early childhood development. Our Time is a unique opportunity for parent and child to interact and learn together in an unhurried and joyful manner.
I was a little nervous about starting this class, but Clara did very well. We sang songs, listened to music, played with musical instruments and met new friends. I am looking forward to our next class, and our time together. Clara loves music and dancing!
Tuesday
Tuesday was another busy day. After getting home from work, our builder (who we call "Curt the builder") came over to discuss our deck project. Craig has been working diligently on different sketches of what we want, and he has done a great job. I was very impressed with his work on this! Anyway, we are very excited about building our deck. We have gone two summers without one, so it is definitely time to add one to the house.
After Curt the builder left, Kyle and I went to Kindergarten Roundup. Okay, for all of you moms out that who have not yet experienced Kindergarten Roundup, here is a piece of advice - find out ahead of time if your child is supposed to come with you or not. I assumed that he should come with me (it is Kindergarten Roundup, right), and the program was really designed for parents. There were a few other kids there, but not very many! Fortunately, Kyle was very good and he sat through a 50 minute PowerPoint presentation. I was a nervous wreck the whole time though, because we were in the second row, behind ALL of the kindergarten teachers and the principal. Talk about not wanting to make a scene! Overall, the program was very informative and Kyle is excited about starting kindergarten in the fall.
Wednesday
Nothing too exciting happened on Wednesday. I had a hair appointment after work at Design 1. It was nice to have some "me" time and some girl talk with my hair stylist. :) Craig managed to squeeze in a late workout when I got home.
Thursday
Kyle had show-n-tell at Preschool on Thursday. He took in some ribbons from his fun runs this past summer. He is very proud of them. Kyle also had vision and hearing tests this week at Preschool, and he passed both of them. :)
Friday
TGIF! It was a busy week for us. We don't normally have so many evening activities as we did this past week. Oh well - at least the week went by fast. :)
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Week in Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment