Craig and I both woke up with fevers this morning. Mine was 101 degrees and Craig's was 103.3 degrees! Needless to say, we both stayed home from work. Yes, even Craig, who has only missed one day of work in the last ten years, stayed home. I don't think either one of us has ever been so sick!
Fortunately, we both managed to get doctor appointments at 11:00 today. I was tested for strep, which came back negative, and the flu, which came back positive. My doctor called it the Tammy flu, which is that really awful flu strand that is going around this year. I asked her if she has seen many cases and she said yes, but I was the only person she has seen who also had a flu shot (I get one every year). She said there have been some breakthrough cases, and apparently, I am one of them. She prescribed me some meds, and they are beginning to work. I asked about returning to work, and she said I should stay home today and tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be back to work on Friday.
Craig's diagnosis was a sinus infection, although I think he might have the flu, too. He is still running a fever tonight of 101.5 degrees. They prescribed him an antibiotic, but advised him to wait until tomorrow to take it, and only if he wasn't feeling better. Considering his fever tonight, I encouraged him to start taking it right away, which he did.
Kyle and Clara are both healthy and will hopefully, stay that way. This afternoon, before they came home from daycare, I stripped all our beds, and washed everyone's sheets, towels and blankets. Craig and I opened up all the windows in the house to let some fresh air in, and I wiped down every knob and drawer handle in the house with Lysol wipes. We also wiped down our cell phones, remote controls, baby monitor, baby gate, and other items we routinely touch. Tomorrow, I plan to wipe down door knobs and light switches. I am determined to kill any and all germs that might be lurking in our house!
This has been the worst cold and flu season for us, ever. I am so ready for spring!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Fever in the Morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FEEL BETTER SOON! It's gone through my brother's house and my parents. Luckily, we missed it this year. Get some rest!
Post a Comment