Sunday, December 14, 2008

GFS Annual Meeting

Ths past weekend was the Gordon Food Service Annual Meeting. This year, it happened to fall on our monthly 'date night,' which worked out perfectly for us. Anyway, the annual meeting is essentially the big holiday party for GFS employees. It is also the event where the company recognizes folks for their service, outstanding contributions, and well . . . . . . down right pampers them with an evening of food, fun and entertainment.

Craig and I look forward to the annual meeting every year. It is a big night out for us and for everyone else who attends, too. This year, Craig was recognized for his 10 years of service at GFS. I am very proud of him for reaching this milestone in his career. Hopefully, he will have 10+ more years at GFS if everything continues to go well.

Craig and I agreed that this year's annual meeting was one of our favorites! The meeting portion went well, the food was great (as always), and the entertainment was terrific! The entertainment portion of the evening was kicked off by comedian Brian Regan, who has appeared on all the major late-night television shows. I have never seen Craig laugh so hard! At one point, I turned and asked him if he was alright . . . . . . seriously!

After Brian Regan perfomed, entertainment guides were distributed which outlined the other featured perfomers for the evening. I just about died when Craig said, "Tracey, Naturally 7 is here." For those of you who have never heard of Naturally 7 before, please take my word for it that they are awesome! I saw them perform this past year at the Michael Buble concert in Grand Rapids, and was blown away! They are an award-winning gospel, rhythm and blues, jazz and soul septet from New York City, and they perform all of their music a cappella. This is a group you have to see to believe - no tricks, no instruments. Before they even finished announcing who the remaining performers were, we were on our way to their show. In fact, we were first in line at the door and ended up with third row, center stage seats. We were so close, I felt like I could reach out and touch them. Anyhow, their performance literally gave me chills and I was so happy Craig could see them for himself (he's heard my talk about them many times). It was one of the best peformances I have ever seen!

After the Naturally 7 show, we got our picture taken, had some more food (yes, more food), listened to a local indie-pop band from Grand Rapids (The Icicles), picked up our Gordon Bucks, chatted with some friends, and then listened to a couple of songs by Pangea, a steeldrum band.

All in all, it was a terrific and memorable evening for us. We left out house that afternoon at 3:00 p.m. and didn't get home until 11:45 p.m., which is late for us.

What a great way to kick off the holiday season. :) Oh, and below are a couple pictures of us all gussied up for the big night out.

P.S. - If anyone is interested in knowing what all my fuss is about regarding Naturally 7, please check out their Wall of Sound. I promise you won't be disappointment . . . . . their talent will amaze you!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like your dress!