This past weekend, we celebrated Kyle's birthday a little early by having a birthday 'outing.' Instead of having a traditional birthday party this year (which can be very challenging to coordinate this close to the holidays), we decided to try something different. We told Kyle he could pick one friend and we would take them to see a movie and out to dinner. He chose his best friend Noah, and we took them to see Madagascar II and then to Red Robin. It was a lot of fun! I think Craig and I enjoyed the movie as much as the boys did, and it was entertaining to watch them interact together. Okay, more like hilarious . . . . . . five year old boys say the most interesting things. :)
Overall, a great time was had by all. I highly recommend the birthday 'outing' to other parents out there who might be trying to decide what to do for their child's birthday. The kids had a blast, it was easy to plan, and I didn't even have to clean my house. :)
Maybe next year we will try a sleepover. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment