Friday, April 3, 2009

Scary Day

Today I spent the day at Mercy Hospital in Muskegon with my mom (Connie). She had a mild heart attack early this morning! They did an angiogram on her and found some blockage in an artery near the back of her heart. It was 99% blocked in one area and 70% blocked in another area. As a result, they put a stent in her artery, which helped to re-open it. Fortunately, the procedure went well and she is already feeling better. However, she will be recovering for the next two weeks and will then begin cardiac rehabilitation. She will be released from the hospital tomorrow. It was a scary day for our family, but I am happy to report that she is doing better. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

GrammaKat said...

I am so glad your mom is doing okay. Give her my love and tell her she is in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I will watch the kids if needed.