A couple of weeks ago, we ordered Kyle his very first (real) pair of running shoes. He participated in several kids races/fun runs this past summer and did very well. The highlight was when he ran the Coast Guard Festival kids run (a 1 mile race), in about 8-9 minutes without stopping. Even Craig and I were suprised by his performance! Anyway, Craig seems to think that Kyle may be able to finish a 5K race this summer. I am a bit more skeptical, but willing to see what he is capable of doing.
Kyle has been wearing his new running shoes around the house for days, waiting for the weather to warm up so he could start training. Well, tonight the weather finally cooperated and Craig and Kyle did their first training run together. It was very cute! By the way, they started running together in the neighborhood last summer, when Kyle trained for the Coast Guard run. Tonight was particularly entertaining because a bunch of boys in the neighborhood who were outside playing started yelling, "Go Kyle, go! Go Kyle, go!" How cute is that? And boy, did he run fast! He definitely takes after Craig in the speed department, not me. :)
It will be interesting to see if Kyle maintains his interest in running. Craig and I agree that we don't want to push him . . . . . . . he is only six years. However, he is definitely very excited about all of this. I think it must be a result of him going to LOTS of our races since he was a baby. We will keep you informed on how he is progressing. Meanwhile, here are some photos from tonight.
1 comment:
Kyle
You look awesome in your new running shoes. Gramma Kat will have to come and see you run. Keep me posted on your schedule. I am sooo proud of you.
Love,
Gramma Kat
Post a Comment