Our kids are both strong willed. We sensed Kyle's strong will within the first 24 hours he was born, particularly when the nurse at the hospital told us, "he doesn't like to be messed with." He was a colicky baby and has had a mind of his own ever since.
Clara on the other hand is a bit different. She started out very easy, but her strong will became more evident as she approached her second birthday. Now that she is almost 2 and a half years old, we get to see her little personality on a more regular basis. Of course she saves these moments for Craig and I mostly, and has everyone at daycare fooled. Just this weekend when she was having a tantrum (I call them the 'terrific' two tantrums), we put her downstairs in her crib, came upstairs and turned the baby monitor on. After a few minutes, I went down to check on her and asked her if she was ready to come upstairs and be a good girl. I opened up her bedroom door to find her buck naked in her crib . . . . . even her pull up was off! I suppose this was her little way of rebeling against us. It makes me wonder what she will do when she is a teenager!
Does anyone else out there have kids who have done this before? Kyle never pulled this trick, so this is a new one for us. Let's hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence. :)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Stong Willed Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes ,yes, yes!!!! We are told all of the time that Trever is one of the most well behaved kids .And granted he is pretty good. But yes he has done that to me a couple of times. The solution? I watched super nanny and she said that you should never put your child (under the age of 5. In there rooms or cribs for time outs. I thought she was nuts. She said find a spot and call it the naughty spot or time out. And put them in there. For amount of minutes of there age. I tried it for trever. Yes he got up. A few times but you are suppose to put them back in the spot till they will stay put. He was two so we kept in his time out chair for two minutes.(it tokk about and hour to get him to stay) but he did do it. And it has worked ever since. Of big thing you cant talk to them when you keep puttping them back in the spot or it encourages them. I told him could come out if he said sorry I also explain to what he did wrong and if he did it agin he would go back . Try it it does work. Just takes patinece
Post a Comment