Monday, June 30, 2008

Race Report

This past weekend was a busy race weekend for us. First, Tracey participated in the Muskegon Chronicle Seaway Run 5K where she ran an awesome race! She finished with a time of 26:13! This was good for 8th place in her age group out of 36! Kyle, Clara, and I joined her as spectators and had a great time. The kids really liked watching Mommy run and cheered super loud when she went by. We are very proud of her.

As for me, I participated in the Block 58 Triathlon in Muskegon on Sunday. I competed in the long course, which consisted of a 1500m swim, a 35 mile bike, and a 7.1 mile run. I ended up 3rd in my age group (out of 4). I know what you are thinking....3rd out of 4? I did run a great race, but my age group was highly competitive. I am anxious to see the results posted online soon so I can see where I officially placed overall - hopefully, somewhere in the top 10. My time ended up at about 2:50. Tracey, Kyle, and Clara drove around to different locations on the course to cheer me on. It was greatly appreciated and gave me a boost whenever I saw them - especially at the end when both Clara and Kyle joined me on the course! In fact, Kyle ran across the finish line with me. It was great!

Here are a few pictures from my race. Unfortunately, we forgot the camera for Tracey's race.




2 comments:

Benjamin Passeno said...

Kyle and Clara-- looks like you are eating some yummy suckers.

Ben's mommy says, "don't know how your mom and dad run so far. You must be really proud of both of them".

GrammaKat said...

Congrats all!!!