Our summer vacation this year was a trip to Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. We really enjoyed our trip to Madision, Wisconsin last year, so we decided to go back this year and check out the Dells. Plus, we thought it would be both kid and family friendly, which is important to us since we have small children.
We decided to drive to Wisconsin this year as opposed to taking the Lake Express boat that leaves from Muskegon. Some of you may recall our adventure (or misadventure) from taking the boat last year. I will leave it at that.
So, the decision to drive to Wisconsin was a pretty easy one. Craig suggested it might be a good idea to invest in some portable dvd players for the kids for the long car ride. I am not a big fan of portable dvd players because I think the kids get enough screen time already, however, the thought of a seven hour car ride with a 6.5 and 3 year old was enough to convince me. :) Plus, we used reward points from our credit card and ended up getting both dvd players for free! Looking back on our trip now, I don't know how we would have made it there and back without them.
We stayed at the Wildnerness Territory's Glacier Canyon Lodge, one of the major waterpark resorts in the area. I found Glacier Canyon Lodge online, and selected our room, etc. from their web site. I was a little nervous about choosing a waterpark from a web site, but we were not disappointed. With nearly 250,000 sq. ft. of indoor waterparks and over 250,000 square feet of outdoor waterparks the Wilderness had over 12 football fields of water fun for us to explore. It was fantastic! In fact, if we ever go back to Wisconsin Dells, we will definitely stay there again.
Here are some photos from our first couple of days there.
No comments:
Post a Comment