Monday, July 27, 2009

Coast Guard Run

This past weekend I (Tracey) ran the Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival 10K (6.2 miles). This is my second year in a row running this particular race. It is a really nice course, and although I didn't break any records, I was happpy to finish under an hour and get my long run in for the weekend.

Kyle ran too, but he participated in the 1 Mile Family Fun Run. There were about 100 people who ran, mostly kids, parents, family members, etc. Anyway, Kyle finished in first place overall with a time of 5:42! That's right . . . . . . 5 minutes and 42 seconds. I still can't believe it! Craig and I agreed that the course was probably short, so we checked it and is was .94 miles. He is a little speed machine. :)


2 comments:

GrammaKat said...

What a great run, Kyle...

Love,
Gramma Ka

Steven Nicolet said...

I am soooooo impressed! Is this Steve Prefontaine reincarnated??