Last week Sunday, after a training ride with my buddy Joe, the whole family decided to hit the Musketawa Trail for a ride. Tracey needed to get a training ride in for her duathlon coming up, and the kids wanted to get out of the house. So, we threw all 4 bikes on/in the car and headed for the trail. For the most part, the ride was great. While Tracey was cruising down the trail getting a real workout in, the kids and I managed to go three miles out and three miles back in. On the way back, I was riding next to Clara and talking to her - guiding her down the trail - when all of a sudden Kyle stopped right in front of me and I crashed into the back of him. I didn't even see it coming as I was looking at Clara. Needless to say, I came down hard and landed on Clara's bike - my ribs took the full brunt of it when they landed right on Clara's training wheel. When we all got up - yes, we all fell - the kids didn't have a scratch on them, but I was bleeding down my shin, on my elbow, and my arm. Plus my ribs ached like you cannot imagine. We managed to make it back without further incident and everything was fine. However, my ribs have been aching like crazy. I was not been able to run or do much of anything physical until the past couple of days. Although, I still cannot run. And, my back is killing me since my muscles are "splinting" to protect the ribs. At least this is what my doc says. By the way, the ribs are not broken and I hope to be running again soon. Thank goodness for helmets!!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment