Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sledding with Kyle and Clara

While Mom tended to the house in preparation for the Superbowl, I took the kids over to our favorite sledding hill. It is actually on a vacant lot in our neighborhood, so we just walk over there. Well, I walk, and the kids ride in their sleds as I pull them. Today, I brought the camera. See below for some of the pictures and an explanation of each.

As you can see below, I pull the two kids out to the hill. Kyle in front with Clara trailing in her sled, which is attached to Kyle's.

Here is the hill. You can see that it is quite large. Kyle looks so small going up it.

Here are a couple of Clara from the top of the hill. She is giving me 2 tumbs up. By the way, notice the jump part way down the hill. It will be important later...



Here is how Clara and I go down the hill. I ride in a separate sled behind her and hang on to her's. It works well as I use her's to steer. She loves it.

Kyle at the top of the hill. Notice the jump toward the right.


Kyle has no fear! Good thing Mom stayed home!

Back up to the top...

Notice the smile on his face when he is jumping! And, his eyes are wide open.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What joy! To be a kid again in Michigan...in winter! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

That last picture of Kyle is fantastic!! That deserves a frame.