Friday, October 10, 2008

Down, Down, Down

Two major items that I have been watching this week have both been going down. The bad news: the market! The good news: gas prices! Thankfully, Tracey and I have a long time until we plan to retire. Although we are not going to look, we know the value of our investments have dropped significantly. However, contrary to popular belief, you do not actually lose any money until you sell, which we will not do for many years. By then, it will be recovered and have had many years of gains. In the meantime, we will continue investing each month as we are buying at a major bargain right now. Yeah! As for the gas, I think it will go down a little more, but our friends at OPEC will get greedy again and artifically reduce the supply. This will send the prices back up. It will be nice when someday we will no longer depend on their oil.

On a less financial note, Kyle and I are racing tomorrow at the GVSU Homecoming 5K and kid's fun run! It will be fun. I am pretty sure Cam and Dria will be racing too. Stay tuned for updates.

And finally, Kyle had another soccer game on Monday where he scored two more goals!!! He continues to impress us with his soccer moves!

No comments: