Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day - Parade

After Craig and Kyle ran their races on the 4th of July, we headed to the parade in Allendale. We go to this parade every year. It is on the campus of GVSU, so it is very pretty, safe, and overall - very well done. We enjoy it very much and look forward to it every year! This year, Kyle loved the parade, with one exception . . . . . a HUGE tractor, which he was afraid of (see picture below). As for Clara, she was scared throughout most of the parade because she does not like big trucks or loud noises (see picture below, also). She kept saying, "I scared, I scared" in her frightened voice, so Craig and I took turns walking with her . . . . . away from the action.

We noticed that there were a LOT of John Deere tractors in the parade this year. I think they let anyone who owned a John Deere tractor, and wanted to be in the parade, enter. Craig agreed, and said maybe next year he will enter and ride his John Deere lawn tractor - ha, ha! :) Seriously, if anyone would like to go to this parade with us next year, just let us know. We would love to have you join us. Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ok. That made me laugh. At some point both of the kids are snuggled on Mom's lap with a frown! That's what mom's are for I guess!