Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy, Busy Week

It's been a busy week in the James-Heer household! Here is a quick recap/overview.

On Monday, Clara had her last Kindermusik class for the year and Kyle had his usual soccer practice.

On Tuesday, I had to work late. I led a virtual (online) chat for prospective graduate students. When I got home, Craig stayed up until 1:00 a.m., preparing for a big presentation for work.

On Wednesday, I had to work late again . . . two nights in a row! I went to the annual awards program at Coopersville High School and awarded over $54,000 in scholarship money to graduating seniors. Well, not personally, but on behalf of GVSU. :) This is one of the things I love most about my job. When I got home, Craig stayed up again until 11:00 p.m. preparing for his presentation.

Today was Craig's big presentation at work. He facilitated a project portfolio meeting, which lasted for six hours!!! Needless to say, we are both feeling a little tired and drained tonight, although Craig still managed to bike for 45 minutes and run for 30 minutes when he got home.

Tomorrow we are going to pick out some trees for our yard. We will be ordering 14 trees - 11 blue spruce and 3 crab apples. They should help "spruce" up our yard a bit. :) Our lot originally had zero trees on it. We put in four trees when we built the house, and added eight silver maples last year. Craig wants to plant six apple trees as well, but that will probably be next year.

Finally, Kyle and Clara are both doing great! Clara is starting to use the potty! Not all of the time, but most of the time. I am still not convinced she is ready for this, but the ladies at daycare tell me that potty training a girl can sometimes be (and I emphasize sometimes) very easy . . . . at least easier than potty training a boy. I guess time will tell.

No comments: