Today we took the family to downtown Grand Rapids to check out ArtPrize, an open art competition giving away the world's largest art prize ($250,000 for 1st place). Since I work downtown, it has been fun to watch all of the art go up in the city. I wanted to make sure Craig and the kids had a chance to see it. The competition officially runs from September 23 - October 10. However, a lot of the art is on display already. Hopefully we will make it downtown at least one more time before the competition ends. If you live anywhere near Grand Rapids, I highly recommend that you check out ArtPrize. You won't be disappointed!
Kyle posing like the art.
This moose was made out of mostly nails!
This statue was made out of toy army guys.
Here is one Kyle liked.
I (Tracey) liked this one.
The artist of this piece (behind Kyle) is from Mexico.
Here is one of Craig's favorite sculptures.
Eveywhere you look . . . . the city was alive with art!
1 comment:
I really hope to make it downtown to see the art with Kyle and the girls. So far it looks great, and what an awesome thing for our area!
Post a Comment