Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fantastic Day

Yesterday (Friday) was a fantastic day for many reasons . . . . . .

1.  Our dryer got fixed!  After 2.5 weeks, I can finally do laundry at home.  I am SO glad I do not have to go back to the laudromat this weekend . . . . . . .what a relief!

2.  While at the barbershop yesterday, Kyle handed me one of his teeth.  Yes, his second tooth fell out, so the tooth fairy made another trip to our house last night.  :)

3. This one you won't hardly believe - you might want to sit down while reading this.  For those of you who recall all of the eating issues we have had with Clara over the past two years . . . . . . . . . we bought her a happy meal from McDonald's yesterday and she ate four chicken nuggets!  I still can not believed it!  And, guess what?  She liked it!!!!  I think (hope) he have turned a corner with her.  I think the reason she ate them is because (1) it was a happy meal, (2) it came with a toy, and (3) I bribed her with a movie.  Yes, I told her she could pick out any movie she wanted if she ate her chicken nuggets and it worked like a charm.  It was the best $5 I have spent all year.  :)


4.  We finally made it to the mall and got all of Kyle's gear for fall.  He needed some new clothes, shoes and shin guards for soccer.  Now he is all set for first grade!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Clara!!

Jennifer said...

AWESOME !!!! GREAT JOB HONEY. lOVE YA AUNT JENNI