Okay, I meant to post a 'Countdown to Kindergarten' entry on our blog a few weeks ago, but never had a chance to write anything until now. Kyle starts kindergarten tomorrow! He will be going to school all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and a half day on Fridays. There have been many activities leading up to his first day of school. In the spring, Kyle and I attended kindergarten round-up, which was a more formal program about what to expect and a chance to meet the teachers. Last week, Kyle's school hosted a kindergarten visitation and kindergarten open house. The visitation was a chance to meet his teacher, visit his room, pick a place to sit, learn where his cubby is, fill out paperwork, learn about recess, etc., etc. The open house was another chance to do the same, but Kyle also met his teacher for art, computers and physical education. Since when did students in kindergarten start having more than one teacher and learn about computers?? I guess I am getting old because this is not how things were when I was in kindergarten. But, we are glad to learn about this schedule.
Craig and I are are super excited for Kyle to start kindergarten. Considering he turns six at the end of this year, he is definitely ready for school. We have been talking to him about it for a long time, and think (hope) he will do very well. Kyle went to bed at 8:00 tonight so that he would be well rested for his big day tomorrow. Craig and I will be taking him to school in the morning and will try to snap a few pictures. We will let you know how it goes.
I can't believe my 'baby' is starting school tomorrow . . . . . . .
Monday, September 1, 2008
Countdown to Kindergarten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a big day for you, Kyle!!!!!
Post a Comment