As you know, the weather has been beautiful and we have been taking advantage of it. Last week, I took both Thursday and Friday off to do some work on the yard. On Thursday, I purchased 10 plants and planted them, installed 8 landscape lights, and spread five yards of mulch. On Friday, I put down Preen to prevent weeds in the flower beds, then cleaned, leveled, and installed rubber mulch in the playhouse. I was hoping to clean out the garage and the inside of the cars too, but ran out of time...maybe this week or upcoming weekend. Today, I tested the sprinklers.
In addition to the work, we have had plenty of opportunity for family time too. On Friday, Tracey, Kyle, and I went to a Whitecaps game in Grand Rapids. It was an event with my team from work. It was super crowded since Curtis Granderson from the Detroit Tigers was playing. Fortunately, we were in a suite along the first base line, so we were quite comfortable. This was Kyle's first ball game and he really had a great time. I am sure there will be more in our future. Although, now that he has been spoiled by a suite, I am not sure how he will feel about sitting in the stands.
On Saturday, after Kyle's soccer practice, I went for a 3-hour bike ride. While I was out, Tracey and the kids played outside on the swings and in the playhouse. It sounds like they had a blast. Both kids love swinging. In the evening, we went over to Holland for some shoe shopping and for a visit to Captain Sundae!
Today, Kyle, Clara, and I cleaned Tracey's car when she went grocery shopping. Then, after lunch, it was back outside to play in the yard. We are having fun already and it is only April! I think we are all looking forward to more good weather and fun times outside.
I will write again soon.
Craig
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Spring is in the air!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment